When our relationships are safe and healthy, so are our communities. Healing Together is a new campaign that engages men, and people of all genders, in the work to build safe and accountable communities by focusing on healing, gender justice, and racial equity—instead of punishment—to end intimate partner violence. We aim to shift away from punitive policies and systems that produce violence and expand community-based approaches that focus on prevention, accountability, and healing for all.
Why Healing Together?
Intimate partner violence is a frightening reality for millions of Californians and a public health crisis that especially affects Black, Native, and bisexual women and transgender people.
For decades, women in the anti-violence movement have led the critical work of meeting the immediate safety needs of survivors — saving countless lives. It is time to build on those efforts and expand the conversation by doing more to address the root causes of harm and the need for healing for all — including those who have caused harm.
We can't end violence through policing and incarceration, especially when half of survivors won't call the police for fear of unintended consequences and 75% of survivors who do call the police say it was either harmful or not helpful. Through Healing Together, we will build safe and accountable communities by focusing on gender and racial equity and healing — instead of punishment — to end intimate partner violence.
- Healing Together: Shifting Approaches to End Intimate Partner Violence (Policy Paper Summary)
- Healing Together: Shifting Approaches to End Intimate Partner Violence
- A CALL TO MEN
- Abuse Is Not Love
- ACEs Connection
- American Indians in Texas
- Berkeley Media Studies Group
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services
- Blue Shield of California Foundation
- Boys Academic Leadership Academy
- Brotherhood of Elders Network
- Brothers Sons Selves Coalition
- CA Work & Family Coalition
- California Alliance for Youth and Community Justice
- California School-Based Health Alliance
- California Tribal TANF Partnership
- Ceres Policy Research
- Collective Justice
- Common Justice
- Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse
- Community Resource Center
- Cure Violence Global
- DOVES of Big Bear Valley, Inc.
- Extraordinary Ideas
- Family Violence Law Center
- Fathers & Families of San Joaquin
- Futures Without Violence
- Gender Violence Clinic
- Grow the Children
- Homeboy Industries
- Hope and Heal Fund
- Howonquet Early Learning Center
- Justice Teams Network
- Khmer Girls in Action
- Korean American Family Services
- LIVE FREE USA
- National Compadres Network
- One Voice
- Prevention Institute
- Public Health Advocates
- Realized Potential INC
- Resilience Orange County
- Restoring Justice for Indigenous Peoples
- Self-Awareness & Recovery
- STAND! For Families Free of Violence
- Strategic Prevention Solutions
- The California Partnership to End Domestic Violence
- The Ever Forward Club
- The Hite Law Group
- The Next Step Coaching and Consulting
- The Positive Results Corporation
- The Way Church Berkeley
- Transitions 2 Success
- Youth ALIVE!
- Youth Justice Coalition
- Youth Leadership Institute
- Yurok Education Dept.